Comedian, humorist and writer, Yvan Ducharme was first known to the public with his TELEPHONE PRANKS, which he created in 1962 in Montreal. He was also one of the most popular artists of the Quebec’s television in the 70s with his role of the father in LES BERGER. Besides his numerous other roles in movies and theater plays, he was the recipient of several excellence trophies of which MISTER TELEVISION in 1972.
Since 1990, he dedicates his life to writing and painting full-time in his studio based in Montreal. He defines himself as “an impulsive painter and an adventurer, haunted by colors, and who struggles in the heart of an erupting volcano! ”
The feelings conveyed in his paintings bring us to another universe by a profound and emotional journey. He describes his style as “the impulsillonnisme”. A term purely invented by Ducharme which represents perfectly his impulsive and abstract genre.
Yvan Ducharme was born on august 24th 1937 in Rouyn, Quebec.
YVAN DUCHARME EXHIBITIONS:
– Boutique CHARLIE SATTVA (Montréal) / Spring 2009
– PALAIS DES ARTS HARRICANA (Amos) / Fall-Winter 2008-2009
– GALERIE LOUISE CARRIER & PRESBYTÈRE SAINT-NICOLAS (Lévis) / summer 2008
– GALERIE LA FONTAINE DES ARTS (Rouyn Noranda) / august 2007
– CENTRE COMMUNAUTAIRE (St-Rémi) / june 2007
– GALERIE DU RUISSEAU DE LONGUEUIL (Longueuil) / may 2007
– GALERIE ST-DIZIER (Montréal) / february 2007
– GALERIE DU RUISSEAU DE LAVAL (Ste-Dorothée) / september 2005
THE ENTIRE COLLECTION OF THE ARTIST IS NOW AVAILABLE, EXCLUSIVELY, THROUGHT HIS WEB SITE YVANDUCHARME.COM (SECTION GALERIE)